Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information Guiding Hands Social Club LLC may collect and how we may use it:
- When making a purchase we will be collecting: Name, physical address, phone number, email address, credit card and/or banking information
What personal information we collect
How we use your personal information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on Guiding Hands Social Club LLC’s latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. It is at the company’s sole discretion to choose to create an email providing customers with updates of products, sales, special events, etc… If said email is created the user will have the option to opt out at that time.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes. We may also use your personal information for account and network security purposes, including in order to protect our services for the benefit of all our users. Where we use your information for anti-fraud purposes it arises from the conduct of an online transaction with us. We limit our uses of data for anti-fraud purposes to those which are strictly necessary and within our assessed legitimate interests to protect our customers and our services. For certain online transactions we may also validate the information provided by you with publicly accessible sources.
- We may use your personal information, including date of birth, to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services. For example, we may use date of birth to determine the age of our customers.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with Guiding Hands Social Club LLC, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Guiding Hands Social Club LLC’s products, services, and customer communications.
- If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
- If you apply for a position at Guiding Hands Social Club LLC or we receive your information in connection with a potential role at Guiding Hands Social Club LLC, we may use your information to evaluate your candidacy and to contact you. If you are a candidate, you will receive more information about how Guiding Hands Social Club LLC handles candidate personal information at the time of application.
Source of your personal information where they are not collected from you
We may have received your personal information from other persons if that person has shared your contact at the time of purchase through guidingsoles.com
If you are a potential candidate for employment with Guiding Hands Social Club LLC, we may have received your personal information from third parties such as recruiters or external websites. We will use the personal information we receive to contact you about a potential opportunity or in evaluating your candidacy. If you did not provide us your personal information directly, we will inform you of the source when we first contact you regarding your candidacy. For research and development purposes, we may use datasets such as those that contain images, voices or other data that could be associated with an identifiable person. When acquiring such datasets, we do so in accordance with applicable law in the jurisdiction in which the dataset is hosted. When using such datasets for research and development, we do not attempt to re-identify individuals who may appear therein.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
As is true of most internet services, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Guiding Hands Social Club LLC may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Guiding Hands Social Club LLC website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages. Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times Guiding Hands Social Club LLC may provide third parties with certain personal information to provide or improve our products and services, including to deliver products at your request, or to help Guiding Hands Social Club LLC market to consumers. When we do, we require those third parties to handle it in accordance with relevant laws. Guiding Hands Social Club LLC does not sell personal information, and personal information will never be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes. Service Providers
Guiding Hands Social Club LLC shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever Guiding Hands Social Club LLC operates.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for Guiding Hands Social Club LLC to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose information about you, but only where there is a lawful basis for doing so, if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. This could include providing information to public or governmental authorities. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
Guiding Hands Social Club LLC takes the security of your personal information very seriously. Guiding Hands Social Club LLC online services such as the guidingsoles.com protect your personal information during transit using encryption such as Transport Layer Security (TLS). When your personal data is stored by Guiding Hands Social Club LLC, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures, maintained by third parties including but not limited to Shopify, Stripe, FreshBooks, Intuit, Distribution Centers, etc….
The Existence of Automated Decision-Making, Including Profiling
Guiding Hands Social Club LLC does not take any decisions involving the use of algorithms or profiling that significantly affect you.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Your Privacy Rights
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by signing in to your Shopify account. For other personal information we hold, we will provide you with access (including a copy) for any purpose including to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if Guiding Hands Social Club LLC is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes.
We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. We may also decline aspects of deletion or access requests if we believe doing so would undermine our legitimate use of data for anti-fraud and security purposes as described earlier.
The California Consumer Privacy Act provides California consumers with the right to obtain from Guiding Hands Social Club LLC information about the personal information about you that we collect, use, and disclose. You can exercise your rights through an authorized agent by providing relevant details to allow firstname.lastname@example.org. If you choose to exercise your privacy rights, you have the right to not to receive discriminatory treatment or a lesser degree of service from Guiding Hands Social Club LLC
You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information. Guiding Hands Social Club LLC does not sell your personal information.
Third‑Party Sites and Services
Guiding Hands Social Club LLC websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties − for example, a third‑party resell app.
Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to Guiding Hands Social Club LLC employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
Where your complaint indicates an improvement could be made in our handling of privacy issues we will take steps to make such an update at the next reasonable opportunity. In the event that a privacy issue has resulted in a negative impact on you or another person we will take steps to address that with you or that other person.